Monday, November 19, 2007


Thomas Cordova


"Ana"
Thomas Cordova


"Tree"
Thomas Cordova

Thomas R. Cordova
Artist Statement
The light and the dark, the good and the evil,
triumph and tragedy.


These two opposing elements are not always in equal measure or
immediately apparent to the viewer.

However, the tension created by the two factors creates
a contrast and enhances the beauty of the work.

This photo series is an expression with household
flashlights that represents the two opposing
elements in all of us.

Photography has always piqued my interest as
a child growing up in a small town in South East
New Mexico. One of my brothers took up
photography as a hobby and sparked the fire
that would become my life long love with the art
of photography.


The first camera I owned, at the age of 10, was a Polaroid,
and whereever I went the camera was always nearby.
I have always thrived to see thee most common object
in a different way.
Every day I am absorbed in my photographic work.

No comments: